Tuesday 17 July 2012

And So the Adventure Begins


Pre braces. Samples of what my teeth will look like, in my hand

Incognito it is! To get started specialized impressions are taken (what a mouth full) and sent to the US. It's so cool. Incognito will make customized braces that will fit only my teeth and no-one else. And, I get bling in my mouth. These braces are 24K gold! It takes 6 to 8 weeks for the lab to fabricate these little charms with the wires that will straighten my teeth.

The Braces have arrived, the braces have arrived! Ashley, Dr. Duncan's treatment coordinator books the big day. 2 weeks to wait? I am so excited. Let me know if there is a cancellation. I want to get this started...yesterday.

Prepping the area for bonding the braces in place

Finally the day arrives, June 7th, 2012. I can't believe it has taken 8 months to get to this point. So, off to the clinic I go to spend 90 minutes in a dental chair. The outcome? Braces on the inside of my teeth. BTW, the prep work and time to place the braces is the same, whether braces are placed behind the teeth or on the front of teeth. Plan for 2 hours.




 
Incognito braces in place

What did I get myself into? 
My mouth feels so full. Oh, excuse me...did I spit on you?  My tongue is tripping all over my mouth and my braces.  I guess I have always wanted to speak a foreign language. Traveling, but not even leaving the city! This feels like a big adventure that I am about to embark on.  

This will certainly take some getting used to.

Feel free to leave comments or ask questions about orthodontics and braces treatment.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am glad to stop by your site and know more about Orthodontists. Keep it up! This is a good read. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Orthodontists in your area.
    A number of dental schools and hospitals offer advanced education in the specialty of Orthodontics to dentists seeking postgraduate education. The courses range from two to three years (with the majority being 3 years) of full-time classes in the theoretical and practical aspects of orthodontics together with clinical experience. Generally, admission is based on an application process followed by an extensive interviewing process by the institution, in order to select the best candidates. Candidates usually have to contact the individual school directly for the application process.
    Get enhanced facial aesthetics with Orthodontists Stoneham MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the common equipment that all orthodontists use. Is that what my local orthodontists in Edmonton will use when I go in for a visit, looks a little bit painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that the silicon wax worked for you, do you have to apply that daily? I've been thinking of an idea for permanent tooth covering that will eliminate the need for daily brushing. What do you think about that?
    orthodontist edmonton

    ReplyDelete